But you don't.
Because in the end, you have to do what's best for you.
I saw him today. But he didn't look at me. He didn't talk to me...it was like we were strangers.
I understand it, I really do. I hurt him...and now he wants to hurt me. But then again, maybe that's just me hoping for something, anything.
Maybe the whole truth is that he's forgotten about me completely. That when he looks at her, he really does love her, and he's not just covering up what he feels for me.
Yet, there's always that little part of me that hopes. Gosh, I hate that little part of me. That little voice that tells me he loves me, that tells me he's thinking about me. Yet, reason always wins in the end...and my hopeful self is rarely rewarded. The naked truth is this: He doesn't care. It hurts...but there isn't a thing I can do but try to forget even though I know for a fact that I'll always remember.
I've been trying really hard lately to do things that take my mind off of him. I'll go to school and then think "Hey, I didn't think about him for two whole periods! I'm making progress!" Yet, I know, that even in those two periods, he's somewhere in my mind.
It kills me because I know that together, we could be something so wonderful and special. I think of all the guys in high school...and then I think of him and how I'd want him to be the first boy I ever love.
But love is such a big, strong word. I can't bare to say I love him...it just seems too dramatic, too utterly depressing.
But what do you do? What do you do when you've finally found your prince charming, but you're not his princess?
Well, maybe he isn't Prince Charming after all.
No comments:
Post a Comment