Have you ever just stopped and closed your eyes and really felt?
Just leave your worries behind for a second and let yourself feel what is around you. So many times we focus on the bad that's going on. We've failed to realize the good.
I've been spending a lot of time outside, marveling at the blooming trees and green grass. After a long winter, it's such a refreshment to hear children laughing and birds squawking. I've realized something that I guess I've already known...but it's come to my attention again as I observe the utter beauties of nature.
God loves us.
He loves us so much that he has put us here, in this wonderful place. He loves us enough to surround us with such beauty.
It's been evident in my life lately that God has not left me alone. He's been there and he's been answering my prayers. I know that he gives us our desires if we seek him and live righteously. Yet, I also know that sometimes he blesses us by not giving us what we want or what we think we need.
It's hard in high school, being alone like I am. I don't have any real friends and I sometimes feel so on my own. Yet, now I know I can rely on the Lord.
Another goal on my checklist: Make the Lord preeminent in my life.
And so far, I've been doing just that. I feel happier than I've ever felt and I know with a surety that everything will work out how it needs to work out.
I just need to learn to accept that sometimes my way isn't the best way.
So, as summer is on it's way, I'll be here, praying for strength and smiling.
Because sometimes that's all you can do...smile and pray and wait for things to get better.
I know that they will.
No comments:
Post a Comment