Thursday, May 29, 2014

Bittersweet ends and glorious beginnings

Here it is. My last post for the one year checklist.
It's bittersweet--that this adventure is ending. High school, and this place. This beautiful place where I found myself. In so many ways, my heart aches. It aches for the friends and family that I'm saying goodbye to. It aches for the big brick building where I learned and grew into who I am right now. It aches for my job, with it's black and white tiled floors and neon-colored walls. It even aches for that beautiful and aggravating boy who I'm leaving behind-- the hipster with the snarky comebacks.
But mostly, it aches for the feeling of home that will no longer be there when we leave.
It's a new beginning, a clean slate, but it's hard to say goodbye to a place where i'm so rooted, where I'm so attached.
tomorrow I graduate from high school. It's the first day of the rest of my life and I'm terrified. There are times, now, that i wonder why I ever wanted to graduate early. It is only bringing me closer towards being an adult and making my own decisions. It's scary. I wonder almost everyday if I'm ready.
But I feel like it's time. It's time to face the unknown with courage and strength. It's time to realize that the future holds far better things than any I've left behind.
So, farewell. Don't worry...I will be blogging still. I'll be blogging about my new life in Georgia.
And it's going to be glorious. I just know it.

No comments:

Post a Comment